The culmination of the day was to attempt a ‘Rokeby Venus‘ inspired pose in the style of the artist we’d spent most time studying last week. So here is my ‘in the style of Degas’ effort. (Although as I type that, it looks ridiculous……) Anyway, it was my first real try at something in colour, and I took inspiration from the pastels at the National Gallery, and attempted to keep all the marks going up and down vertically. Part of the process was to learn how difficult it is to do…
All posts for the day March 17th, 2012
Posted by rowena on March 17, 2012
- No worry about finding #volunteer2014 Just follow throng from station to the arena. At least I'm not the end of the v v very long queue. 5 days ago
- Journeying to a hitherto unknown (to me) part of Glasgow for #volunteer2014 orientation. A day of discovery all round then. 5 days ago
- Light and Dark – An Afternoon in the City wp.me/p1hbrU-3Lo 1 week ago
- A Day at The V&A wp.me/p1hbrU-3Lb 1 week ago
- With the Assyrians at The British Museum wp.me/p1hbrU-3L1 2 weeks ago
The tacky ads which appear at the end of the posts are nothing to do with me. I'm afraid I can't suppress them; it's the cost of the the free blogging platform. Treat them as you would any other unwanted intrusion.
This blog is about stories and random connections between narratives.
- art art exhibitions Ashfield Mass Australia bank holiday weekend Barbados BBC books childhood Christmas cinema comedy contemporary art contemporary fiction cove park dialogue Edinburgh Edinburgh Festival edinburgh fringe films flowers food hastings Helensburgh home tourist hometourist inspiration Istanbul japan knitting Learning to Draw London Louise Doughty memory moscow movies music musical theatre National Gallery National Theatre nepal Norfolk olympics 2012 paris people watching photography planning postaday postaday2011 postaday2012 Radio reading reluctant gardener rhymes routine Russia Scotland sense of humour snow social media south africa Southbank specialist vocabulary spring Stephen Sondheim theatre travel travel theme photos Turkey vocabulary weather weekly photo challenge writing writing prompts writing style
Copyright© Rowena Dunn and rowenadunn.wordpress.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rowena Dunn and rowenadunn.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.