The culmination of the day was to attempt a ‘Rokeby Venus‘ inspired pose in the style of the artist we’d spent most time studying last week. So here is my ‘in the style of Degas’ effort. (Although as I type that, it looks ridiculous……) Anyway, it was my first real try at something in colour, and I took inspiration from the pastels at the National Gallery, and attempted to keep all the marks going up and down vertically. Part of the process was to learn how difficult it is to do…
All posts for the day March 17th, 2012
Posted by rowena on March 17, 2012
- A Clydesider in Edinburgh – Glasgow 2014
- Another Medal for Mozambique is on the Way
- In the Neighbourhood – Glasgow 2014
- A Day of Small Victories – Glasgow 2014
- The Mysteries of Pin Collecting – Glasgow 2014
- Some Early Reflections on Glasgow 2014
- Meeting People – Glasgow 2014
- On the Outside of the Opening Ceremony – Glasgow 2014
- A Proper Welcome – Glasgow 2014
- Rehearsing – Glasgow 2014
- RT @drsallymarlow: A pleasure to review #PeoplePlacesThings @NationalTheatre for @psychmag twitter.com/psychmag/statu… 10 months ago
- RT @MsPollyClark: Who knew? Helensburgh rocks. Thank you @NeuReekie ! And The Tower! twitter.com/williamsonkev/… 1 year ago
- Yep. That just about sums it up. twitter.com/RuthDavidsonMS… 1 year ago
- RT @drsallymarlow: Good start sparring w @JohnHumphrysr4 on @BBCr4today.Why care if people drink too much?Because they damage others as wel… 1 year ago
- RT @katweatherill: On the Blog - @The_RHS #RHSTatton 2015 @JarmanMurphy #GoldAward winning Back to Back garden bit.ly/1MoCIO7 http:… 1 year ago
The tacky ads which appear at the end of the posts are nothing to do with me. I'm afraid I can't suppress them; it's the cost of the the free blogging platform. Treat them as you would any other unwanted intrusion.
This blog is about stories and random connections between narratives.
- art art exhibitions Ashfield Mass Australia bank holiday weekend Barbados BBC books childhood Christmas cinema comedy commonwealth games contemporary art contemporary fiction cove park dialogue Edinburgh Edinburgh Festival edinburgh fringe films flowers food glasgow2014 hastings Helensburgh hometourist home tourist inspiration Istanbul japan knitting Learning to Draw London memory moscow movies mozambique team music musical theatre National Gallery National Theatre nepal Norfolk olympics 2012 paris people watching photography planning postaday postaday2011 postaday2012 Radio reading reluctant gardener routine Russia Scotland sense of humour snow social media south africa Southbank specialist vocabulary spring theatre travel travel theme photos Turkey vocabulary weather weekly photo challenge writing writing prompts writing style
Copyright© Rowena Dunn and rowenadunn.wordpress.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rowena Dunn and rowenadunn.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.